Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Care Package from Home - Just Like 100 Years Ago

Our Social Studies topic this term is looking at Friendship, Camaraderie and Service. 
You can read about it in our last post titled A Letter Home.

We found out that our local soldier was looking forward to receiving a parcel from home.
Our interactive homework was to think what his family might have sent him and to make, draw or write about the parcel.

Here are our care packages. 
We were excited to see the packages, so we think the soldiers would have been VERY excited to receive them!

























What would you include in a care package for someone serving overseas?
What would you like to receive in a care package?





5 comments:

  1. I love this idea and the things that the children came up with, I've tweeted it to my followers. Wonderful work Yr 2/3!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its Zaria

    I am a bit older than you.
    I am now a year 5.I love Weston school.
    I have not talked to uses in a while.I really miss you lot.
    Have FUN
    Warm Wishes
    Zaria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Zaria
      How lovely to get a comment from you! I'm so pleased you love your school and I was astonished to hear that you are a Year 5 now!
      Do you still ride horses?
      Say hello to your family from us.

      warm wishes
      Mrs McKenzie

      Delete
  3. Kia ora ki a koutou, Room 4! We are a small bilingual class of Year 1-3 tamariki from Hornby Primary School in Christchurch. We are Room 4 too! Some of you might know our kaiako because she used to work at Reefton Area School. Her name is Rovena Jackson.
    We are going to be setting up our new blog page this term. Your blog is tino rawe (fantastic) and we would love to kōrero with you now and again (as soon as Whaea Rovena works out what to do!).

    We hope you have all had a wonderful holiday and are ready for an exciting term ahead, like us! Ka kōrero anō (talk soon).

    Ngā mihi

    Rūma Whā :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love your care packages B4 and have learnt a lot from looking at your photographs. What a great way to share your learning.
    When I spent a year in England my Mum would send me care packages. She would send pineapple lumps, green onion chips and ingredients to make homemade dip. These were things that you can't buy in England and they reminded me of home. I always looked forward to these packages and can imagine how excited the men in the trenches would have been when their packages arrived.
    From Mrs Kitto and Clyde School Junior room

    ReplyDelete